- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens gets top score among drug chains in Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens will keep stores open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to allow last-minute Christmas shopping, the retail pharmacy chain said Wednesday.
This includes 1,600 24-hour locations that will be open around the clock, while most Walgreens stores will stay open until midnight through Dec. 23, and nearly all stores will be open during regular hours on Christmas Eve, including pharmacies, which will be open from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. On Christmas, non-24-hour stores will be open from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m., and pharmacies will be open at 24-hour stores.
"We understand that this is a busy and exciting time of year for our customers, and we are constantly working to provide them with a unique and comprehensive shopping experience for all of their holiday, health and daily living needs," Walgreens president for daily living products and solutions Joe Magnacca said. "With our more than 8,000 locations nationwide, Walgreens offers an extensive array of merchandise, making us the perfect one-stop shop for holiday gifts."