- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens declares regular quarterly dividend of 31.5 cents per share, a 14.5% increase
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
DEERFIELD, Ill. — The board of directors of Walgreens on Wednesday increased the quarterly dividend by 14.5% to 31.5 cents per share from the previous rate of 27.5 cents per share, the company announced.
The dividend is payable Sept. 12 to shareholders of record Aug. 20. The dividend increase raises the annual rate from $1.10 per share to $1.26 per share.
Walgreens has paid a dividend in 323 straight quarters (more than 80 years) and has raised its dividend for 38 consecutive years. Over the last five years, Walgreens annual dividend has increased from 45 cents per share to $1.26 per share, resulting in a compound annual growth rate of nearly 23%.
Are you a nurse practitioner or physician's assistant? Join our Facebook group to get all the latest news dedicated to delivering healthcare services to patients in retail pharmacy clinics.