- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- ‘Out of this world’ display takes top nod in annual Design of the Times awards
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens on Wednesday promoted Mike Spear to divisional merchandise manager of the retailer’s personal care division and announced that Lauren Vondrasek is transitioning to the company’s beauty merchandising unit, which is headed by Barbara Larson.
Spear has more than 20 years of retail experience, most recently as director of category planning at Walgreens.
Vondrasek will manage cosmetic bags, fragrances, sunglasses and trial/travel items, according to an internal memo distributed by Walgreens. Vondrasek is a 16-year Walgreens veteran, having started her career as a store manager in 1994.