- Walgreens, Alliance Boots to merge
- Walgreens implements Chicago Hometown Investment Initiative
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Walgreens confident in Q2 results following Express Scripts exit Jan. 1
- WAG VP talks to Chicago Tribune about changing role of pharmacist
DEERFIELD, Ill. — The board of directors at Walgreens on Wednesday declared a regular quarterly dividend of 27.5 cents per share, a 22.2% increase over the year ago dividend. The dividend is payable June 12, 2013, to shareholders of record May 21, 2013.
Walgreens has paid a dividend in 322 straight quarters (more than 80 years) and has raised its dividend for 37 consecutive years. Over the last five years, Walgreens annual dividend rate has increased from 38 cents per share to $1.10 per share, resulting in a compound annual growth rate of nearly 24%.