- Walgreens, Alliance Boots to merge
- Walgreens implements Chicago Hometown Investment Initiative
- Walgreens confident in Q2 results following Express Scripts exit Jan. 1
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- WAG VP talks to Chicago Tribune about changing role of pharmacist
DEERFIELD, Ill. — The board of directors of Walgreens on Wednesday declared a regular quarterly dividend of 27.5 cents per share, a 22.2% increase over the year-ago dividend. The dividend is payable Dec. 12 to shareholders of record Nov. 12.
Walgreens has paid a dividend in 320 straight quarters (80 years) and has raised its dividend for 37 consecutive years. Over the last five years, Walgreens annual dividend rate has increased from 38 cents per share to $1.10 per share, resulting in a compound annual growth rate of nearly 24%.