- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens on Monday announced that all stores will be open on Thanksgiving Day from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., in addition to its more than 1,600 24-hour locations, including pharmacies.
In addition to featuring a number of front-end promotions in store, Walgreens has teamed with Redbox to give away 1 million free movie rentals. On Thanksgiving, the first 130 customers to make a purchase at each Walgreens location will get a free one-day Redbox DVD rental valid thru Dec. 24.
And for smartphone customers, Walgreens is adding scannable coupons to its mobile applications, offering exclusive discounts beginning Black Friday.