- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
DEERFIELD, Ill. — To celebrate the service and commitment of the nation’s military and honor the men and women who gave their lives in service to our country, Walgreens is offering a Memorial Day discount to all veterans and active duty military personnel.
On Monday, May 27, shoppers with a valid military ID or proof of service will receive 15% off eligible store items and 20% off Walgreens, Nice! and W brand products at any Walgreens or Duane Reade drugstore nationwide.
“As the Memorial Day celebrations begin with community parades and family barbeques, we wanted to express our gratitude to those who served or are currently serving our nation. We are grateful for their service, sacrifice and courage,” said Mark Wagner, Walgreens president of operations and community management. “Offering a discount to these heroic servicemen and -women is one way we can show our appreciation and give back. We are always pleased to honor the military and do our part to participate in this national day of remembrance.”
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.