- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Walgreens implements Chicago Hometown Investment Initiative
- WAG VP talks to Chicago Tribune about changing role of pharmacist
- Walgreens outlines impact scenarios from Express Scripts withdrawal
- Walgreens' Kim Feil inducted into In-Store Marketing Institute Hall of Fame
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens on Monday launched Ology, a nationally accessible and affordable brand formulated to be free of harmful chemicals. Exclusive to Walgreens' family of companies, the Ology brand features a line of baby and personal care products as well as household cleaners, the company stated.
The new brand would fall in line with legislation presently under consideration — The Safe Chemicals Act — that if passed, would require that ingredients be determined safe for human health before being used in everyday consumer products. The pending legislation has led several industry leaders to pledge to remove potentially harmful and carcinogenic chemicals from several offerings over the next several years.
“Walgreens is proud to be leading the charge by providing Ology," stated Joe Magnacca, president of daily living products and solutions for Walgreens. “Ology reflects our dedication to innovation, our constant drive to improve our customers’ quality of life, and our ongoing commitment to help people get, stay and live well.”
Select Ology brand products are available at Walgreens and Duane Reade locations, as well as online. Items will be available nationwide by early November and are value-priced compared to conventional formulas of leading brands.