- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
- CNNMoney sits down with Walgreens chief to discuss future of health care and what it means for pharmacy
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens on Monday launched Ology, a nationally accessible and affordable brand formulated to be free of harmful chemicals. Exclusive to Walgreens' family of companies, the Ology brand features a line of baby and personal care products as well as household cleaners, the company stated.
The new brand would fall in line with legislation presently under consideration — The Safe Chemicals Act — that if passed, would require that ingredients be determined safe for human health before being used in everyday consumer products. The pending legislation has led several industry leaders to pledge to remove potentially harmful and carcinogenic chemicals from several offerings over the next several years.
“Walgreens is proud to be leading the charge by providing Ology," stated Joe Magnacca, president of daily living products and solutions for Walgreens. “Ology reflects our dedication to innovation, our constant drive to improve our customers’ quality of life, and our ongoing commitment to help people get, stay and live well.”
Select Ology brand products are available at Walgreens and Duane Reade locations, as well as online. Items will be available nationwide by early November and are value-priced compared to conventional formulas of leading brands.