- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- Walgreens divests majority interest in Take Care Employer Solutions
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens is celebrating Halloween with a new Facebook contest.
The drug store chain hosted the promotion on Facebook.com/Walgreens from Tuesday through Thursday night, where fans could enter to win one ton of Hershey's Halloween candy. Entrants are asked to register and tell Walgreens how they would share a ton of Hershey’s Halloween candy. Ten finalists will be selected and sent a $300 Walgreens gift card to decorate their homes for Halloween. Photos of the top three finalists' homes will be put on the Walgreens Facebook page for fan voting, with the winner of the fan vote receiving a ton of a pre-selected mix of Hershey’s Halloween candy.
Click here to check out the promotion.