- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens donates 3 million vaccines in partnership with the UN Foundation’s Shot@Life campaign
- Axe aims for world peace with Axe Peace, campaign
DEERFIELD, Ill. Walgreens has teamed up with “The Dr. Oz Show” to educate the public about the importance of flu prevention.
“The Dr. Oz Show” host, Dr. Mehmet Oz, will answer questions regarding the upcoming flu season and the importance of flu prevention. Walgreens, which offers flu shots at all of its pharmacies and Take Care Clinics nationwide, is partnering with “The Dr. Oz Show” in conjunction with one of the most comprehensive flu shot programs in the nation. The partnership includes a number of elements and media integrations.
Additionally, Walgreens pharmacist Stacia Woodcock will appear on the Sept. 21 episode of “The Dr. Oz Show” to discuss the latest information regarding the 2010-2011 flu season, and will administer a flu shot to Dr. Oz during the show.
“We’re proud to again work with ‘The Dr. Oz Show’ to keep America healthy throughout what’s always an unpredictable flu season,” said Kim Feil, Walgreens chief marketing officer. “We have shared goals of encouraging people to be proactive when it comes to flu prevention and overall preventative health, and together we look forward to providing the resources for people to stay well.”