- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
NEW YORK — Ken Finnegan, Walgreens divisional VP healthcare new business development, will assume leadership of the corporate innovation team, Drug Store News has learned.
Finnegan succeeds Colin Watts, corporate VP and chief innovation officer, who is departing Walgreens for Weight Watchers in January. In that capacity, Finnegan will pick up on Watts' efforts to transform the retail pharmacy retail format into more of a destination center for all issues regarding health and wellness.
Walgreens is currently piloting a new pharmacy, health and wellness experience that features a pharmacist desk area in front of the pharmacy counter to provide greater accessibility for consultation and an open, redesigned layout with expanded fresh food and beauty products, and more accessible shelving and checkout lines.
Weight Watchers International on Monday announced the appointment of Watts as SVP wellness and global innovation, effective Jan. 3. Watts will oversee that company's North American B2B/healthcare business operations in addition to its global innovation and consumer insights teams.