- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Walgreens launches exclusive beauty publication 'Discover Beauty Within'
- 15th annual NACDS Foundation Dinner raises more than $1.8M
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Category management veteran Mike Cirilli joins L&R Distributors
In an exclusive video store tour, Walgreens president of daily living products and solutions Joe Magnacca walks Drug Store News editor Rob Eder and the DSN.TV cameras through the new Duane Reade flagship store at 40 Wall St. The first-ever co-branded Duane Reade-Walgreens store opened to the public July 6.
Among the key features Magnacca discusses during the tour of the store, which is located in the iconic Trump Building in the heart of downtown New York, were a vastly expanded beauty department, with in-store nail and hair salons, as well as the new “Up Market” food concept, which takes “fresh” to an entirely new level, with in-store sushi chefs and a fresh juice/smoothie bar.
To watch the video, click here.