- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- GN ReSound launches hearing aid compatible with Apple's iPhone, iPad and iPod
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Walgreens enhances photo creation capabilities on mobile app
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens on Monday introduced several updates to its mobile app, most notably the ability to print from Instagram, as well as upload more than five pictures simultaneously for in-store prints.
“We know that many people enjoy customizing their photos to reflect the uniqueness of each shot,” stated Jasbir Patel, senior director and general merchandise manager, photo and e-commerce, Walgreens. “Aligning our QuickPrints technology to Instagram helps our customers make those digital images come to life in print form.”
In addition to the robust functionality available, the specific updates included access to a health reference encyclopedia and the ability for users to track their weight loss and BMI.
The updates apply to iPhones, iPads and Android devices.
On a related note, Walgreens was recently awarded an Appy for the Best Retail Mobile App during this year’s SXSW Interactive Conference, the retailer noted.