- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Walgreens launches exclusive beauty publication 'Discover Beauty Within'
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens on Wednesday announced that this Friday Nov. 2 the chain will host its first Senior Discount Day. All senior citizens over the age of 55 will receive 15% off eligible store items and 20% off eligible Walgreens, W Brand and Nice! products.
Participants who simply reference the discount and present a valid ID, will receive the discount at any Walgreens and Duane Reade drugstore nationwide.
“We are pleased to provide this savings opportunity for some of our most loyal customers,” stated Graham Atkinson, Walgreens chief marketing and customer experience officer.