- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Q&A: Forging connections with Shannon Curtin of Walgreens
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens entered the digital beauty space with a new, interactive website aimed at finding real solutions to real makeup, hair and fashion dilemmas.
Walgreens.com/BeautyWithin offers step-by-step advice from beauty pros. Visitors to Beauty Within will find video episodes highlighting everyday women and their personal beauty challenges. In addition, the site offers deals and product information about featured beauty brands, as well as a beauty blog with tips and trends on such topics as proper makeup hygiene and caring for tools.
"Beauty is one of the top categories searched and reviewed on Walgreens.com," stated Shannon Petree, Walgreens divisional VP and general merchandise manager for beauty. "This new site plays up on the fun factor and excitement surrounding beauty, and allows us another way to connect with our customer to help her quickly find real and sensible solutions."
The site will address an array of topics, from an avid runner's last-minute makeover before a philanthropic fundraiser to moisturizers to help a woman turning 50 years old, as well as earth-friendly products for eco-conscious beauties.
Beauty advisers, along with host Jennifer Dorogi, will help transform the women using a wide variety of products found at Walgreens. Dorogi is a beauty expert who has worked as a contributing writer and correspondent for “Extra,” “Good Day LA” and the TV Guide Channel. Celebrity hair stylist and professional makeup artists also may be on hand to offer advice on products and usage, the retailer noted.
"With help from our featured beauty pros, our real beauties will feel confident about recreating and enjoying their new look," Petree said.