- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens furthers reach into North Carolina with acquisition of Kerr Drug
CHICAGO — Walgreens president and CEO Greg Wasson and Sona Chawla, Walgreens president e-commerce, on Wednesday made a keynote presentation on the closing day of the Shop.org Annual Summit 2013 here to talk about the opportunities associated with omnichannel retailing.
Walgreens has successfully placed its shingle where their patients are, which more and more means a virtual corner location in cyberspace. According to a blog post by Jessica Elenstar on blog.shop.org, 45 million shoppers visit a Walgreens store, and 14 million visit Walgreens online or on mobile.
"Our median mobile customer is a 45-year-old woman," Wasson told Summit attendees. "Our median desktop web customer is a 52-year-old woman. … Walgreen customers are in fact leading the digital, mobile revolution."
And it's not just Walgreens' broad customer base that are tech savvy, the company's employees are learning new ways tablet and smartphone technology can help them do their jobs better and more efficiently.
For Shop.org's full one-hour presentation, click here.