- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Walgreens fine-tunes senior leadership, creates greater synergy between merchandising, operations arms
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens gets top score among drug chains in Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens will be making a multichannel play for Black Friday customers through a mystery mobile coupon, the retailer announced Tuesday.
“This promotion is an excellent example of how technology and innovation work together to provide customers with a great offer that increases engagement and enhances their shopping experience,” stated Sona Chawla, president of e-commerce for Walgreens. “At a time when shoppers are out looking for the best deals, we’re making it easy by sending real-time, relevant offers directly to them.”
When users open the Walgreens app home screen beginning Black Friday and running through Nov. 25, they can “swipe to reveal” exclusive Walgreens offers and discounts on Starbucks Doubleshot Energy Coffee products at their local Walgreens. The Walgreens app is easily integrated into the iPhone’s Passbook, where the offers will also appear.
Also available through the Walgreens mobile app from Friday through Sunday is a chance to enter a Black Friday sweepstakes to win 1 million Balance Rewards points. Walgreens in September launched the Balance Rewards customer loyalty program, which offers customers ways to save, earn points and get rewarded for purchases, services and healthy lifestyle behaviors.
Walgreens has introduced the latest updates to its mobile app, allowing for more personalized and relevant experiences for easy access on-the-go or in-store, including the addition of photo editing functionality powered by Aviary to its QuickPrints app; a platform that allows customers to use a digital shopping list to map and locate items in a store by posting a pin on the map; and tablet users can quickly access Walgreens new magazine, Happy and Healthy: Your Guide To Living Well With Walgreens, through the company's shopping app.
Also, Walgreens is offering 16 unique holiday card templates, which can be accessed and customized via the iPad app. The cards, which come in packs of 20 along with envelopes, are available to pick up at a local Walgreens in about an hour.