- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
- CNNMoney sits down with Walgreens chief to discuss future of health care and what it means for pharmacy
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens' in-store clinics now known as 'Healthcare Clinic'
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens late Tuesday announced a mobile tasting tour across Los Angeles in advance of its latest flagship store opening Dec. 1. The Walgreens "Up Market: Fresh" experience will be brought to consumers via a custom-made, 40-foot bus that will visit various Los Angeles locations through Dec. 5. The "Up Market: Fresh" bus' daily location and featured sample menu items are shared via Twitter @upmarketfresh.
"Several innovations are making Walgreens the first choice for health and daily living throughout neighborhoods nationwide. Our fresh food offerings provide customers with easier access to a greater selection of fresh foods and beverages," stated Joe Magnacca, president of daily living products and solutions for Walgreens.
Free tastings include samples of nutritious, fresh-made juices made from a combination of fresh fruits and vegetables; a featured smoothie Raspberry Dream, which is blended fresh from raspberries, strawberries, bananas and apple cider; two premium, low-fat frozen yogurts alongside a selection of eight toppings; and free samples of a selection of coffees brewed using the same fresh roasts and barista quality techniques showcased at Walgreens.
Walgreens "Up Market: Fresh" experience will provide free tastes to Los Angeles residents and visitors to commemorate the grand opening of its latest flagship store and 8,000th location at Sunset Boulevard and Vine Street in Hollywood.