- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens late Tuesday announced a mobile tasting tour across Los Angeles in advance of its latest flagship store opening Dec. 1. The Walgreens "Up Market: Fresh" experience will be brought to consumers via a custom-made, 40-foot bus that will visit various Los Angeles locations through Dec. 5. The "Up Market: Fresh" bus' daily location and featured sample menu items are shared via Twitter @upmarketfresh.
"Several innovations are making Walgreens the first choice for health and daily living throughout neighborhoods nationwide. Our fresh food offerings provide customers with easier access to a greater selection of fresh foods and beverages," stated Joe Magnacca, president of daily living products and solutions for Walgreens.
Free tastings include samples of nutritious, fresh-made juices made from a combination of fresh fruits and vegetables; a featured smoothie Raspberry Dream, which is blended fresh from raspberries, strawberries, bananas and apple cider; two premium, low-fat frozen yogurts alongside a selection of eight toppings; and free samples of a selection of coffees brewed using the same fresh roasts and barista quality techniques showcased at Walgreens.
Walgreens "Up Market: Fresh" experience will provide free tastes to Los Angeles residents and visitors to commemorate the grand opening of its latest flagship store and 8,000th location at Sunset Boulevard and Vine Street in Hollywood.