- WAG VP talks to Chicago Tribune about changing role of pharmacist
- Magnacca's role at WAG expands
- Walgreens' Kim Feil inducted into In-Store Marketing Institute Hall of Fame
- Walgreens collects more than 15,000 lbs. of unused, expired medications
- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens on Monday announced that it has completed its purchase of 144 stores operating under the USA Drug, Super D Drug, May’s Drug, Med-X and Drug Warehouse banners located in Arkansas, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, Oklahoma and Tennessee.
The acquisition also includes corporate offices, a distribution center located in Pine Bluff, Ark., and a wholesale and private brand business, for a total of approximately $438 million subject to adjustment in certain circumstances.
USA Drug recorded sales of $825 million in 2011, Walgreens reported.