- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
DEERFIELD, Ill. Walgreens patients that are seeking accessibility to the drug store chain's pharmacy now can chat live with a pharmacist 24/7.
Walgreens Pharmacy Chat provides a live, one-on-one online chat between patients and a pharmacy staff member regarding such inquiries as prescription medications, over-the-counter medications, pricing inquiries, prescription status and more. The Walgreens Pharmacy Chat is an extension of the chain's online pharmacy tool.
“Pharmacists are among the most trusted healthcare professionals, and Pharmacy Chat gives our patients and customers another way to reach out to Walgreens pharmacy when it’s most convenient for them,” said Kermit Crawford, Walgreens EVP pharmacy. “Our pharmacy staff is always here to help, and we continue to introduce innovative technologies that bring our pharmacy services to our patients wherever they are, whenever they need us.”