- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Further expanding the scope of convenient, preventive health care services provided by its pharmacists, Walgreens on Thursday announced it is now offering daily testing for cholesterol, blood glucose and body composition at nearly 200 stores in California. Each test also includes a free blood pressure reading and personal consultation with a Walgreens pharmacist.
“Providing convenient, affordable access to health testing services is an important part of our commitment to disease prevention and chronic care management,” stated Hayley Park, market pharmacy director, Walgreens. “As the most accessible health care providers, our pharmacists are spending more time with patients through consultations, immunizations, medication questions or concerns, health testing and other important services to help our customers get, stay and live well.”
Walgreens offers health testing daily at more than 4,100 stores in 41 states.