DEERFIELD, Ill. Walgreens' supplier diversity initiative is featuring products produced by women-owned businesses on Walgreens.com through the end of May in honor of National Women’s History Month.
Walgreens' Community Corner program launched in February with recognition of African-American-owned businesses in honor of Black History Month. Walgreens plans to continue expansion of the initiative to feature products produced by businesses with Hispanic-American, Native-American, and Asian-American ownership at different points throughout the year.
Through the end of the month, the following products will be featured at 50 percent off the regular price at Walgreens.com/cc:
- W Brand Sensitive Skin Shave Cream by Chase Products
- Triderma MD Eczema Fast Healing Cream by Genuine Virgin Aloe
- Blue Magic Conditioning Hair Dress by Strickland and Co.
- Ampro Pro Styl Gel by Ampro
- Wrap, Snap & Go! Comfort Hair Rollers by Exceptional Products
- Releev 1 Day Cold Sore Symptom Treatment by Merix Pharmaceutical
- Fleet Enema Saline Laxative by CB Fleet Company
- OCuSOFT Lid Scrub Eyelid Cleanser Pre-Moistened Pads by OcuSoft
- NonyX Nail Gel for Clear, Healthy-looking Toenails by Xenna Corp.
- MG217 Medicated Tar Shampoo by Triton Consumer Products
- Boogie Wipes, Gentle Saline Nose Wipes for Stuffy Noses by Little Busy Bodies
- Paper Jam Construction Paper by Maybe It’s Time
In addition to promoting its diverse suppliers, Walgreens is further developing its relationships with community organizations such as the National Minority Supplier Development Council, the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council and the National Urban League to support economic growth in communities.
“Walgreens has long embraced diversity – not only in the people it employs, but also in the array of community-built brands it selects to meet the needs of its broad and diverse customer base,” said Gleatha Glispie, Walgreens director of supplier diversity. “Providing a platform such as Community Corner fosters an environment that enhances the development of a diverse group of entrepreneurs and empowers consumers to instantly influence economic growth in their communities. We look forward to further expansion of this initiative.”