- Walgreens, Alliance Boots to merge
- Walgreens implements Chicago Hometown Investment Initiative
- Walgreens confident in Q2 results following Express Scripts exit Jan. 1
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- WAG VP talks to Chicago Tribune about changing role of pharmacist
DEERFIELD, Ill. — In celebration of Earth Day this weekend, Walgreens will turn off select interior lights and lighted exterior signage at 1,415 stores across the country for one hour on Saturday.
In New York, the Walgreens billboard in Times Square also will go dark, the drug store chain said.
“We can all do our part to help the planet,” said Walgreens community affairs director John Gremer. “We’re proud to continue our participation in this global effort because it sends a strong message that every individual can make an impact on the world’s energy consumption. And when the lights come back on, we want everyone to think about how they can keep our planet top of mind in their everyday lives.”