- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- Walgreens divests majority interest in Take Care Employer Solutions
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Apigee recently hosted Tim McCauley, Walgreens’ senior director of mobile commerce, and Joe Rago, a senior product manager at Walgreens, to discuss Walgreens' digital transformation and API strategy during the organization's I Heart APIs conference.
Apigee made the video of the presentation available in a blog on Wednesday.
"McCauley details how so many efforts underway in Walgreens’ brick-and-mortar stores, including opening up store layouts, focusing on pharmacy, photo and ‘round-the-clock' service, and going to where their customers are, parallel the work the company has done with its APIs," wrote Apigee blogger Olaf de Senerpont Domis. "Rago, who leads Walgreens’ API efforts, discusses the two flagship open API programs — the QuickPrints and scan-to-refill prescription APIs—and emphasizes the importance of communicating their features and capabilities to third-party developers."