- Walgreens, Alliance Boots to merge
- Walgreens implements Chicago Hometown Investment Initiative
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Walgreens confident in Q2 results following Express Scripts exit Jan. 1
- WAG VP talks to Chicago Tribune about changing role of pharmacist
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Walgreens' e-commerce president Sona Chawla has been appointed to serve on the board of directors at specialty retail apparel chain Express.
Chawla, who will serve as a class-3 director and brings the number of directors on Express' board to seven, also will serve on the Express' compensation and governance committee. Chawla has lead Walgreens' e-commerce business since January 2011. Prior to her role at Walgreens, she served in roles at Dell and Wells Fargo.
"I am pleased to welcome Sona to the board," Express board chairman, president and CEO Michael Weiss said. "Sona's particular knowledge and experience in e-commerce, marketing, strategy and general management will be extremely beneficial to Express as we continue to deliver on our four pillars of growth, particularly e-commerce."