- Walgreens' Pegus to discuss impact of diabetes management on healthcare costs
- Specialty pharmacy gets personal
- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
- The Little Clinic adds new insurance provider to accepted plans
- Walgreens adds brawn to national retail pharmacy, clinical network
PROVO, Utah — Pharmacy technician students at an online school will be able to perform externships with a major retail pharmacy chain, under a partnership the two companies announced.
Career Step said it would partner with Walgreens to allow students to work at local Walgreens stores after gaining a solid foundation of pharmacy technician knowledge in the program. Externship will typically consist of 180 practical hours.
"These externships are a phenomenal opportunity for our students," Career Step pharmacy technician instructor Rebekah Hutchins said. "The Career Step pharmacy technician training program already incorporates a variety of teaching methods — including video, simulations and interactive exercises — and now these externships are adding hands-on experience in the real world for our students to thoroughly learn the material and prepare for certification and employment."