- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
PROVO, Utah — Pharmacy technician students at an online school will be able to perform externships with a major retail pharmacy chain, under a partnership the two companies announced.
Career Step said it would partner with Walgreens to allow students to work at local Walgreens stores after gaining a solid foundation of pharmacy technician knowledge in the program. Externship will typically consist of 180 practical hours.
"These externships are a phenomenal opportunity for our students," Career Step pharmacy technician instructor Rebekah Hutchins said. "The Career Step pharmacy technician training program already incorporates a variety of teaching methods — including video, simulations and interactive exercises — and now these externships are adding hands-on experience in the real world for our students to thoroughly learn the material and prepare for certification and employment."