- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Walgreens furthers reach into North Carolina with acquisition of Kerr Drug
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens on Thursday added scannable coupons to its mobile applications, with exclusive discounts to its smartphone customers, beginning on Black Friday.
Coupons will range in value from 50 cents to $5 and will be good toward a variety of products, including beauty items, gifts, consumables and everyday essentials, such as diapers. Scannable coupons provide optimal convenience with no clipping or printing required. Cashiers simply scan a coupon straight from a user’s smartphone.
With mobile scanning capabilities at all of the more than 7,700 Walgreens stores nationwide, this is the largest retail mobile coupon program in the United States, Walgreens said.
“We’re enhancing the shopping experience by giving our mobile customers greater convenience and exclusive savings during the holiday season,” Walgreens president of e-commerce Sona Chawla said. “Through our mobile application, no matter where people are, they can find an easy way to save next time they come to Walgreens — just download the app and you’re ready to shop.”
Coupons will be offered through the Walgreens mobile application from Nov. 25 through Dec. 24. Details regarding post-Christmas coupon programs are not yet available.
The Walgreens mobile application is free and can be downloaded by searching for “Walgreens” in smartphone application stores or marketplaces for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry.