- Walgreens, Alliance Boots to merge
- Walgreens implements Chicago Hometown Investment Initiative
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- WAG VP talks to Chicago Tribune about changing role of pharmacist
- Walgreens confident in Q2 results following Express Scripts exit Jan. 1
LAS VEGAS — Walgreens was the biggest winner for its exclusive line of Biggest Loser weight-loss products here during the LIMA Opening Night Awards Ceremony here Tuesday.
Walgreens was named Best Retailer of the Year by the Licensing Industry Merchandiser's Association for its Biggest Loser line of meal replacement bars and shakes licensed through NBCUniversal Television Consumer Products in May 2011.
The shakes and meal bars were developed with the guidance and oversight of “The Biggest Loser’s” nutrition expert, Michael Dansinger, and contain 10 g of protein per item.
The shakes, available in milk chocolate and creamy vanilla flavors, were supplemented with several vitamins and minerals but low in sodium. The meal bars come in four flavors — banana nut bread, chocolatey coconut, cinnamon apple turnover and peanut butter chocolate chip — and contain a half serving of fruit.
"The Biggest Loser" products first were unveiled on April 6 in New York City at a launch event for the Walk with Walgreens program. The event was hosted in part by "The Biggest Loser" host Alison Sweeney, who is a national spokeswoman for Walk with Walgreens.