- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- CNNMoney sits down with Walgreens chief to discuss future of health care and what it means for pharmacy
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
DEERFIELD Ill. — Walgreens has announced the appointment of Alan London as chief medical officer of Take Care Health Systems Consumer Solutions Group.
In the newly created position, London will have leadership responsibility in building and maintaining external physician and health system relationships for Take Care Clinics while also providing strategic direction and leadership for the group’s service expansion, quality, clinical education and training, and collaborative practice agreement functions. London joined Walgreens on May 21.
“We are thrilled to appoint Dr. London as chief medical officer of the Consumer Solutions Group,” stated Jeffrey Kang, Walgreens SVP of pharmacy, health and wellness services and solutions. “We are confident his team-based, collaborative approach to health care and his diverse clinical and business background will prove him a valuable asset to Walgreens and Take Care Health. We look forward to his leadership as we diversify our service offerings, expand connections with managed care providers and continue to develop affordable and convenient ways of helping patients stay well.”
London is a family physician with more than three decades of experience in patient care delivery, healthcare strategy and business development. He has worked within the managed care contracting and risk management fields, while also spending extensive time in the hospital and healthcare system setting, serving at the Cleveland Clinic for 12 years.
Most recently, London was the president of the London Group International, a firm providing healthcare solutions for health systems, insurers, governments, physicians and the investment community. He is a co-founder of two healthcare companies, Clinically Home and MX.com.