- Walgreens launches high-impact push in support of World AIDS Day campaign
- Walgreens puts its money where its mouth is with World AIDS Day campaign
- Bartell to cease filling Medicaid prescriptions at 15 locations
- Walgreens' Pegus to discuss impact of diabetes management on healthcare costs
- Walgreens offer catapults chain to diabetes care stardom
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation on Friday announced they have completed a transaction giving Walgreens a significant ownership stake in Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Pharmacy, the parent company of Cystic Fibrosis Services.
Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
The transaction gives Walgreens and the CF Foundation joint ownership of two businesses: CF Services, a specialty pharmacy for cystic fibrosis patients and their families; and Pharma Dynamics, a provider of new product launch support and call center services for drug manufacturers. CF Services will continue to operate under its current name and remain based in the same location in Bethesda, Md. Pharma Dynamics was previously CF Services’ Corporate Accounts Division.