- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Walgreens on Monday announced its acquisition of the prescription files and inventory from 33 Kmart pharmacies in 16 states.
Walgreens will purchase the pharmacy patient files and transfer them to nearby Walgreens pharmacies, the company stated.
Walgreens completed the acquisition of the first pharmacy's prescription files and inventory Jan. 27 in Rice Lake, Wis. Acquisition of the other Kmart prescription files and inventory is subject to certain customary terms and conditions, and is anticipated to happen throughout February.
Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.