- Consumers expected to spend $400 more this year than last for holidays
- Walmart expanding small store fleet based on fresh- and pharmacy-driven growth
- Aetna taps former Walmart exec Dijuana Lewis to lead Consumer Products and Enterprise Marketing organization
- Retailers should get early start on holiday promotions this year, study finds
- Walmart asks suppliers to phase out certain chemicals from products
SAN BRUNO, Calif. — Walmart is providing a number of special holiday deals to online and mobile shoppers as part of an early Cyber Monday promotion that begins Saturday, Nov. 30. In addition, Walmart's mobile app customers, Facebook fans and email subscribers will be among the first to receive invitations to an early shopping event on Sunday, Dec. 1, featuring up to 20 of the best Cyber Monday items while supplies last, before they are widely available.
Walmart.com has tripled the number of early access items compared to last year's Cyber Week event, when the retailer offered one early access item per day. Starting Nov. 22, nearly all Walmart.com items (and half of Marketplace items) are eligible for free shipping on orders over $35. Customers can also upgrade to a faster 3-5 day option for $2.97, with most orders arriving in three days or less, without a subscription fee. In addition select Cyber specials will be available for customers to order online and pick up at their local Walmart store that same day, from Saturday, Nov. 30, through Cyber Monday, Dec. 2.
"Last year, Cyber Monday was our best sales day in Walmart.com's history and we've spent all year preparing to make it even better for customers," said Joel Anderson, president and CEO, Walmart.com U.S. "More than two-thirds of people who plan to shop in our stores on Black Friday also plan to shop Cyber Monday.** Every year there's a bigger appetite for Cyber Monday, so we're giving our customers great deals and rolling back our free shipping minimum to $35, helping them extend their budgets this holiday season."