- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens offers free blood-pressure testing in support of American Heart Month
The Walk with Walgreens fitness program is an example of how a pharmacy retailer can go beyond dispensing to battle chronic disease in America and raise awareness around wellness and prevention.
Walgreens’ new national health initiative, which kicked off April 6 with a big event at the company’ flagship store in New York’s Times Square, rewards customers who pledge to walk a certain number of steps per day. Anchored by an online community and digital platform, Walk with Walgreens enables members to log the steps they take and get rewards — weekly coupons redeemable at Walgreens stores. Participants also can learn about the health benefits of walking, set walking goals, find local community walks and share content and information with family and friends through the site.