- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Lumene unveils product innovation, new packaging for 2014
- Pharmagen launches Warfarin-friendly multivitamin
- Lancet review: Vitamin D marker for deteriorating health
- Obesity drug beloranib shows promise in Prader-Willi population in Phase 2 trials
NORTH BERGEN, N.J. — The Vitamin Shoppe's proposed acquisition of Super Supplements has been delayed, the company recently announced. According to the company, the Federal Trade Commission had notified VSI that it is conducting an investigation into the planned acquisition, noting that the investigation will extend beyond Dec. 31, 2012.
In light of the investigation, VSI and Super Supplements have agreed to extend the outside date for consummation of the transaction from Dec. 31, 2012 to March 1, 2013, and are cooperating with the FTC in its investigation, the companies stated.
Find us on Facebook for even more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news.