- Lumene unveils product innovation, new packaging for 2014
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Pharmagen launches Warfarin-friendly multivitamin
- New vitamin company to employ cause marketing as part of launch strategy
NORTH BERGEN, N.J. — The Vitamin Shoppe on Wednesday announced the grand opening of its new distribution center in Ashland, Va. The new 311,740 square-foot facility began receiving inbound inventory in June 2013 and outbound shipments to stores began in September.
"The opening of this distribution center was a large undertaking for the team as we positioned the company for future growth," stated Tony Truesdale, CEO Vitamin Shoppe. "I am very pleased with our supply chain team and their ability to successfully execute against this significant project. The facility opened on time and on budget," he said. "Given the success that we have experienced with the service levels, we expect the Ashland DC to be servicing 120 stores by year-end."
As of Oct. 15, the Ashland DC was shipping inventory to 56 Vitamin Shoppe stores located in Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and Louisiana.