- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Walgreens' Greg Wasson featured on 'Mad Money'
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- Walgreens launches exclusive beauty publication 'Discover Beauty Within'
NEW YORK — Verizon Communications on Thursday elected Greg Wasson, Walgreens president and CEO, to the Verizon board of directors, effective March 1.
"Greg Wasson brings to Verizon an in-depth knowledge of the retail and healthcare industries," stated Lowell McAdam, Verizon chairman and CEO. "He offers a unique perspective as the leader of a successful Fortune 50 company focused on innovation, traditional and nontraditional growth, operational and technical excellence, and multichannel integration. We welcome him as a valuable addition to our board."
Wasson will bring Verizon's total board membership to 13.
Wasson also serves on the board of directors of Alliance Boots GmbH, in which Walgreens holds a 45% equity stake.
Wasson is board chairman for the National Association of Chain Drug Stores and serves on the boards of the Retail Industry Leaders Association, the Healthcare Leadership Council and the Consumer Goods Forum, among other organizations. He is a member of the Economic Club of Chicago, the Business Council, the Wall Street Journal CEO Council and the civic committee of the Commercial Club of Chicago. Among activities on behalf of various nonprofit organizations, he served as chairman for the Illinois chapter of the American Cancer Society's CEOs Against Cancer.