- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- Reuters: Safeway a target for possible buyout
- Reports: Tops Friendly Markets management buys chain from Morgan Stanley Capital Partners
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
MONTREAL — Valeant Pharmaceuticals CFO Howard Schiller has been appointed to the drug maker's board of directors.
Schiller joined Valeant as EVP and CFO in December 2011, following a 24-year career at Goldman Sachs. Schiller also serves on the New York board of Teach for America and on the board of the Cancer Research Institute. In addition, he also is on the business advisory council of the University of Chicago Law School.
"Since Howard joined Valeant, his valuable experience and sound counsel have been invaluable to both Valeant's management team and the board of directors," Valeant chairman and CEO J. Michael Pearson said. "Appointing him to our board is the next logical step and one I believe will benefit our shareholders."