- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Pharmagen launches Warfarin-friendly multivitamin
- FortiFX, celebrity chef Robert Irvine unveil new baked protein bars
- USPSTF: Not enough evidence on taking supplements to prevent cardiovascular disease or cancer
SALT LAKE CITY — Usana Health Sciences has announced a new prenatal nutrition product to its existing product line, the company said.
BabyCare Prenatal Essentials includes Usana's Prenatal Mega Antioxidant vitamin supplement and Prenatal Chelated Mineral supplement with added iron.
"It's a well-known fact that the typical diet is low in micronutrients, and this is a special concern during pregnancy because a pregnant woman's nutritional needs increase," Usana CEO Dave Wentz said. "Pregnant women and women who want to become pregnant can reap huge health benefits for themselves, as well as their children, by eating sensibly and taking a well-designed, quality prenatal supplement."