- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
LISLE, Ill. — Washington-based accrediting organization URAC has accredited pharmacy benefit manager Catamaran Corp.'s specialty pharmacy brand, Catamaran said.
The PBM said BriovaRx had been awarded URAC's Specialty Pharmacy Accreditation. Catamaran said URAC offered the only third-party, voluntary accreditation program of this scope for the pharmacy benefit management and prescription services industry.
"BriovaRx's robust offerings focus on the patient, ensuring one-on-one support and a personalized plan that addresses chronic conditions to help them lead healthy, vibrant lives," Catamaran chairman and CEO Mark Thierer said. "The URAC accreditation is a reflection of BriovaRx's patient-centric approach that coordinates the efforts of providers, payers and manufacturers to keep treatments personalized and successful."
URAC president and CEO Alan Spielman said BriovaRx's application for and receiving of accreditation demonstrated "a commitment to quality health care."