WASHINGTON The Utilization Review Accreditation Commission has announced that seven companies are in the final stages to achieve accreditation for new programs introduced yesterday under its Pharmacy Quality Management initiative.
The companies participated in URAC beta testing for one or both of the new accreditation programs, Mail Service and Specialty Pharmacy and are completing the process to achieve URAC accreditation.
The companies that participated in beta testing for URAC’s new accreditation programs and the first to pursue accreditation are:
- CVS Caremark (Mail Service and Specialty Pharmacy)
- Express Scripts (Mail Service and Specialty Pharmacy)
- Prescription Solutions, Inc. (Mail Service and Specialty Pharmacy)
- NextRx (Mail Service Pharmacy)
- Prime Therapeutics (Mail Service Pharmacy)
- Perform Rx (Specialty Pharmacy)
- Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy (Specialty Pharmacy)
Several other companies are in process to receive accreditation under URAC’s Mail Service or Specialty Pharmacy programs and will undergo review now that the standards are finalized. Those companies are:
- Acro Pharmaceutical Services (Specialty Pharmacy)
- Centric Health Resources (Specialty Pharmacy)
- Humana RightSourceRx Mail Service Pharmacy (Mail Service Pharmacy)
- WellDyneRx (Mail Service Pharmacy)
Additionally, the following companies are in the process to receive Pharmacy Benefit Management accreditation: