- Study finds probiotic strain Cardioviva helps reduce cholesterol
- NASPA honors 42 pharmacists with innovation award
- Study: Probiotic supplementation reduces pediatric doctor visits
- Study: Probiotic in first three months of life reduces incidence of gastrointestinal disorders
- KeVita adds three flavors
MAPLE GROVE, Minn. — Upsher-Smith Labs has launched a probiotic dietary supplement specifically designed for women to promote digestive, feminine and immune health, the company said.
Provella contains a proprietary blend of six bacteria strains that include: Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus fermentum, Lactobacillus reuteri and Bifidobacterium bifidum. Designed to be taken once-daily by mouth, the supplement is available without a prescription behind the pharmacy counter at retail pharmacies nationwide.
"With the introduction of Provella, we're pleased to offer women a probiotic supplement that contains a unique blend of beneficial bacteria to promote digestive, feminine and immune health," said Gregory Gilmet, senior medical director of medical affairs at Upsher-Smith. "As our portfolio of women’s products continues to expand, so does our commitment to helping women achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle."