CINCINNATI — Following buzz that Procter & Gamble revealed last week during a conference in Barcelona a smartphone-enabled toothbrush, the manufacturer has officially unveiled details of the new interactive electronic toothbrush.
According to P&G, the toothbrush connects via Bluetooth 4.0 technology to the Oral-B App to provide real-time guidance while you brush, and it records brushing activity as data that you can chart on your own and share with your dentist to create smarter, more personalized brushing routines.
Furthermore, pre-tests of the app have shown that when connected, brushing time increases from less than 60 seconds with a manual toothbrush to two minutes and 16 seconds with an electric toothbrush, surpassing the dental professional-recommended two-minute per session.
The Bluetooth 4.0 technology will be available in a variety of Oral-B electric toothbrushes, including the new sophisticated and elegant Oral-B SmartSeries.
Features and benefits include —
- Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity: Links electric toothbrush to smartphone app via low-energy Bluetooth;
- Oscillating-rotating-pulsating technology: Removes up to 100% more plaque than a regular manual toothbrush;
- Six different cleaning modes: Daily cleaning, deep clean, whitening, gum care, sensitive and tongue cleaning;
- Compatible with six different brush heads: CrossAction, Precision Clean, 3D White, Sensitive, Floss Action and TriZone;
- Pressure sensor: Signals and decelerates the speed when the user is brushing too hard; and
- Travel accessories: Protects the brush and charger during travel.
The new Oral-B interactive electric toothbrush with Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity and the Oral-B App will be available in limited quantities in Germany this spring, with global rollouts — including the SmartSeries — launching in June. The new Oral-B App will be available in iOS in May and in Android in August.