- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
RYE BROOK, N.Y. — The second-largest Medicare Part D plan sponsor in the country has named an independent pharmacy as its pharmacy of the year.
Universal American announced Thursday that it gave the 2010 Community CCRx Pharmacy of the Year recognition to Peterson Drug and Gifts in Mountain Lake, Minn. The award takes its name from Universal American’s Community CCRx Prescription Drug plans, in which Peterson Drug and Gifts participates.
“The foundation of the Community CCRx is to provide members with a supportive relationship we call 'A Healthy Collaboration,'” Universal American Medicare prescription drug plan business president John Wardle stated. “Pharmacists help our members understand their drug regimens, counsel patients to prevent dangerous drug interactions and work to save members money by helping them switch to lower-cost, equally effective medications when appropriate.”
Universal American said Peterson Drug and Gifts received the award in recognition of its work inside and outside the pharmacy, having reached the highest possible tiers for generic dispensing and maintenance supply rates, and having completed 90% of its available medication therapy management cases.