- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- New York's online database of drug prescriptions curtailing 'doctor shopping'
LUBBOCK, Texas — Texas-based supermarket operator United Supermarkets has teamed up with FlavoRx to roll out the Fillmaster Plus dispensing technology at all of the chain's pharmacies.
Fillmaster Plus is a pharmacy device that automates drug reconstitution. How it works: When a prescription bottle is scanned using the Fillmaster Plus, the unit displays the medication's name, volume, strength and the amount of purified water it needs for reconstitution. This process reduces the risk of dispensing errors and reconstitution is completed in a matter of seconds, FlavoRx said.
"United Supermarkets is making a strong statement with its investment in the Fillmaster Plus," FlavoRx president and CEO Stuart Amos said. “It says a lot about the company's commitment to improving not only the lives of its customers, but of its employees behind the counter as well."