- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
GOUVERNEUR, N.Y. — A Barre, Vt., pharmacist has been named Kinney Drugs' top pharmacist, the regional chain announced Monday.
Kinney, which operates 99 stores in central and northern New York and adjacent areas of Vermont, named Tracey Rossi as its 2013 Favorite Pharmacist of the Year, based on customer votes from all of the chain's stores.
"Tracey is a kind, caring, compassionate individual," Kinney Drugs stores president Jim Spencer said. "The relationship she has with her patients and the care she provides for them are her highest priorities. We truly appreciate Tracey's nearly 30 years of service as a healthcare professional at Kinney Drugs."
Rossi will be honored at a reception later this month, while the company will donate $1,000 in her name to a charity of her choice.
"Tracey is a spectacular pharmacist who is revered by our customers," Barre, Vt., Kinney Drugs store manager Norm Robinson said. "She knows her patients by name and works hard to go beyond the everyday counseling to deliver outstanding customer service. Over the years, Tracey has truly become woven into the fabric of our community."