- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Abbott launches Glucerna Advance RTD to provide nutritional benefits for those with diabetes
- Packaged Facts: Sports drinks, nutrition bars a $10 billion business in 2013
- Eat Well, Test Well: Bayer HealthCare and dLife Healthcare Solutions launch diabetes resource
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
WILLIAMSVILLE, N.Y. — Tops Markets shoppers should expect to see something new on store shelves.
The regional supermarket chain recently announced its implementation of nutrition scoring system NuVal, which allows consumers to see the nutritional value of foods they purchase by looking at the items' shelf tags. Tops, who will roll out the program in 1,000 stores, joins a breadth of retailers that have rolled out the NuVal system in their stores.
"This partnership [with NuVal] gives us the opportunity to help our customers make better-informed decisions about nutrition," said Frank Curci, Tops president and CEO.