- 5 Big Ideas from the 2013 Industry Issues Summit
- Major trend for 2014: Personalization
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- All-star lineup of industry leaders gather for annual Industry Issues Summit
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
LAS VEGAS — Winners create the future; losers let the future happen to them. To help leading retailers and vendors better understand how to leverage mutual assets and create a winning future — and optimize meetings at NACDS Total Store Expo — the Mack Elevation Forum and the Drug Store News Group will co-host an exclusive one-day summit, here, at the Westin Hotel, Aug. 9. A special kickoff for NACDS Total Store Expo, "The Elevation Forum: The Seven Ideas to Create the Future,” brings together some of the top minds in retail to give attendees a grasp of emerging industry best practices in strategic sales, marketing, merchandising and retail consumer packaged goods strategy.
Highlights of the event will include:
- Ken Martindale, Rite Aid president and COO — how to re-imagine and reinvent your business;
- Google head of industry and retail Ted Souder — how to build an infectious brand;
- Walgreens' Shannon Curtin, VP beauty, personal care and seasonal — the best practices for retailer-vendor new item co-creation;
- Chase Wales, director and category leader of health and beauty at Amazon — how to create a game-changing culture through speed, agility and new digital consumer experience;
- Dennis Moore, Nielsen's SVP analytics — the future of big data and how to synthesize social media, market basket and syndicated data;
- Mark Jones of IDEO, makers of the first mouse for Apple and the first Treo — how to create a culture of innovation; and
- IRI VP and general manager of strategy Larry Levin — incremental growth through localized assortments.
"They best win through joint development, and they are in a constant dialogue with their partners," noted Dan Mack, founder and leader of Mack Elevation Forum, who will moderate the forum. "They unleash growth by creating the future with their retail partners."
"[Like] the TED series of conferences, our mission is to create a similar experience for our industry," noted DSN publisher Wayne Bennett.
"It is not about the size of your organization," Mack noted. "It's about the value you create with the consumer, the retailers and the industry. This is an event for leaders who are looking for an edge."
To register for the event, or to learn more, visit ElevationForum.com.
For sponsorship opportunities, contact Drug Store News Group publisher Wayne Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.