- Rite Aid posts $71.5 million profit in third quarter 2014
- Rite Aid, GNC extend partnership through 2019, allowing at least 300 new 'store-within-a-store' locations over five years
- GNC names new EVP business development
- GNC acquires U.K. sports nutrition e-commerce retailer
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
PITTSBURGH — Thomas Dowd has been named GNC EVP, chief merchandising officer and general manager, the company announced in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing Friday.
Dowd has served as EVP store operations and development since April 2007.
The move follows the announcement in June that Beth Kaplan would be stepping down from her role as GNC president and chief merchandising officer. Following that announcement, GNC CEO Joe Fortunato reassumed his role of president.
As previously reported by Drug Store News, GNC last month appointed Amy Lane to serve as a member of its board of directors in place of Kaplan. Lane, who serves as director for off-price home and fashion apparel conglomerate TJX Cos., also will serve on the board's audit committee.